Thursday 23 May 2013

Revolution...Revolving

I started off really being interested in the whole concept of NBC's Revolution. I loved the idea of a world without power and technology. I liked the idea of bows and arrows, swords and knives. I bought into the Monroe Militia ruling everything. I also liked the journey of our characters venturing out in this world.

Then the 2nd half of season 1 happened...and it was all going great with flashbacks and Rachel on the loose. But the last few episodes have taken away a lot of the things that were great about the show in the first place. They found power way too easy...and then found the Georgia Federation. Which was a crazy cilvilized world with fancy clothes....and now they have all the guns they need. - What happened to the ammo shortage?!
I'm loving the Rachel and her quest to get to the tower with Aaron. Aaron being in this 'journal' is a little weird, but not completely crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the show. I love Miles, Rachel, Aaron, Monroe, and even Charlie has grown on me now that she's not pouting so much.
But they seem to have lost the history. They have stopped including flashbacks, of how our characters got to where we found them at the start of the season. One of the biggest questions I have is why Miles left the Militia. Because that seemed to be important once upon a time. But we seem to have skipped over a lot of stuff. I was interested in how people settled and lived after the power outage. The action packed stuff is nice, but I miss the swords and arrows.

This week's episode did not thrill me. We seemed to have moved too fast, and we are skipping over stuff that should be dragged out.
Firstly, Nora was being held hostage for 20 something days...and Miles was sitting on his ass?! We don't know because they never showed it. I was disappointed in him for not rescuing her sooner. I mean...they found Danny!!! I bet if it was Rachel or Charlie he would have fought harder.
Anyways...also that could have filled a whole episode. But nope it was over in 13 minutes!
Then they ventured off to Colorado in a helicopter to save Rachel (and Aaron... : ( but nobody cares about him sadly) from Monroe who flew there with Randall and an army. - Good plan...also pity nobody gave Rachel a helicopter!

Then they are running out of fuel, and have to land...and then one of them is killing them off one by one...again this could have been a whole episode in itself. It turns out to be Miles' old buddy Jim who really isn't that important or interesting...and he's dead.
So then Miles is back on his way to Colorado....where Rachel walks into Monroe's tent in uniform with a grenade with the intent on blowing up Monroe so that Aaron can get into The Tower.

It was a lot for 1 episode. And I know they wanted to move things along...but I worry its going too fast. Bring back the flashbacks and the human interest that it started with.

Anyways..there were some good things in the ep. "MILF-y sister in-law" might be one of the best lines in a while.
I also loved 'The Others' inside the Tower. Who the heck are these people?!
Elizabeth Mitchell steals every scene she's in. Rachel's stuff is the best thing by far in every episode. 

Here's hoping next week's episode is better.

------------
Carlie

No comments: