Thursday 2 May 2013

LOST Finale Relived & Other TV

So Ness and I finished rewatching LOST on Saturday night. The ending was bad...probably worse than I remembered. But for me it was still worth all of it for the scene with Sawyer and Juliet! They got points for bringing back Boon and Shannon and Charlie. But the whole ending was crazy. They should have just left it on the island and let them go home. Oh well...it was still a great show on a whole.

In other more recent tv news...

Revolution has not been as good the last two weeks on a whole. They have split up the group into Aaron and Rachel, and Miles, Charlie and Nora...and occasionally we see the Nevilles and Monroe.
Last week Rachel went to find yet another old friend that is involved in this power outage mess. -Wish they'd stop doing the...oh Rachel happens to know another random person that knows how to turn the lights back on...thing. Its getting old.
I agree with people complaining about these 2 bit characters they keep bringing in...we don't care. If its not about the main group/s, or involving them a lot it doesn't matter to me.
I don't care about Aaron's wife....sorry, but I don't. But maybe now that Aaron has run into her again, he can get over it and stop being such a whinger.
Speaking of Aaron...Elizabeth Mitchell was pretty much a glorified extra this week. Seriously...more flashbacks please...explaining what the heck was going on with Rachel back in the day, and Ben and Miles...Its a mess! Plus I want to know more about why Bass kept her hostage.
Didn't care about the Miles/Bass/Emma storyline much....maybe the fact that Monroe has a son will have some impact on the rest of the season...but the rest was kinda boring. Miles went alone as ordered...the others turned up of course and saved his hide...
Notes for this week - where did Rachel and Charlie find the hairbrushes and shampoo...and hairdryers?! -why the heck do the people in Georgia dress like they are going to the office/church after all this time with no power and how do they keep them clean and pressed?! - Hurry up with the backstories!

The Good Wife wrapped up for the season this week. In a great twist Alicia made out with Will then agreed to team up with Cary to open a new firm. Its gonna be sooooo good next season! I was also cool that they brought back Martha Plimpton. Her character is great fun. It was also great to have Mamie Gummer in the show the other week. The Good Wife has THE BEST and the most guest stars!

Smash has been really good lately too. Which sucks cause it is probably not getting another season...but I would be sooooo happy if it did!
I love Jeremy Jordan, but Jimmy is really annoying. He doesn't really seem to have any good qualities..and I find myself not caring about him at all.

 The Big C is back. Its good that they are doing double length episodes. But there are only going to be 4 eps to wrap it all up. The first one was sad, but great. Can't wait to see how it all fits together in the last 3.

I finished off Parenthood season 3 this week too. I love the show, but on a whole its not the kind that I watch episodes over and over. However it was fun to rewatch it all, and will fill the void till its back later in the year. - thank goodness its been picked up for another season!

I also borrowed Significant Others from Vanessa and watched all 6 episodes this week....just for a little more Elizabeth Mitchell overdose. Jennifer Garner was sooo little...I forgot that it was that old, 1998 is a million years ago! I thought it was around 2000. Anyways...good cast, and had good moments, but overall was slow and the stories didn't connect that well. I had a few notes that I thought of while I was watching: 1) With Jennifer, Elizabeth, Michael Whetherly, and Eion Bailey - I thought give them all guns, it would be interesting - based other shows they have all been in. 2) Between LOST and Revolution I wish Elizabeth's character wasn't married to another BEN! Sorry Tim Guinee...but Michael Whetherly is way prettier than you! lol. 3) Even though I watched it years ago back in the mid 2000's I remembered a fair bit of it.

-------------
Carlie

No comments: