Monday 24 June 2013

Revolution Finale

So I was on a plane heading to Hawaii when the season finale of Revolution aired, so I only just got to watch it Saturday night when I got back.

Firstly...I have to say I am not sure I like the direction this show has taken in the 2nd half of the season. I loved the original concept with flashbacks and stories about how people survived and what happened after the blackout. I liked the old timey feel, with swords and crossbows. Then they got some power and found a whole heap of guns and ammo, and the swords were gone. They used a lot less flashbacks, and jumped a lot of things that could have played out on screen. It was all about turning the power on and less about answering the relationship questions and the whole concept of Monroe got where he is.
Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the show. Rachel is an awesome character. But sometimes the others can be annoying. Charlie grew on me, but now she doesn't DO anything. I think the writing needs to be better for the second season. They need to flesh out the stories better, and not skip over things or rewrite history so much. Moving the story faster leads to less emotion and suspense...they need to work on this.

Now onto the final episode...

The montage of the 1st seasons moments...was odd, and made me miss Ben and the old stories and unresolved questions.
Monroe and Miles confuse the heck out of me. What is their drama?! Does Monroe just have a big old crush on Miles...or is he crazy?! The working together thing didn't work for me.

Rachel Rachel Rachel...if she's not trying to kill somebody, she's trying to get revenge for Danny and doing anything to get it done. To be fair...its not like Nora had a chance anyways. But I did like Charlie's speech to her mother about how Danny is not coming back and that she's still here.
I felt bad for Nora dying...and all, but once they decided to make a history for Rachel and Miles, she was kinda doomed. Oh and where did Nora get all the tools to build her bomb?! This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, we need to see these things so that the result make sense. Showing this could also build the drama....learn from Alias people.

Again I am bored with Neville. But I wonder if his taking control of the Republic will be a good thing or a bad thing. Especially with this mysterious President getting back into the loop.

Poor Aaron...they steal his code and use it to control the tower. Oh and like Rachel didn't know?! Puhlease.

Oh yeah...and they turned the power on. Yay?! I am not sure how things are going to work out now that its back on...and if it wasn't too early. I guess its not necessarily permanent. Time will only tell.

Not sure where we are headed next season. But I hope they take things slower. I hope they work on the relationships and go back to explaining the history through flashbacks. Especially as I would like to see more with Ben.

Sidenotes -
Can someone explain why Kim Raver's character is always dressed so fancy?! What do these Militia wives do?! Surely
Rachel is the only character that seems consistant....mostly because she can pretty much do anything to get what she wants!
Charlie's naievitay about the virtual back door to Aaron's code was hilarious. The show needs more moments like these from Charlie and Jason...who have grown up in a world without power and pop culture. The best line is still "What's a Boy Band?"
The people on this show need to watch Lost...and learn how people tend to look after living in the wild for years and years...can someone remind Charlie and Rachel that they don't have hairdryers!

Looking forward to season 2. Hope they get things right, because otherwise I doubt the show will make it to season 3.


--------------
Carlie

No comments: